Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Moan Groan Grunt

Nine hours on my feet, in heels!

What a day!

The gift fair was amazing. Two full floors of the Exhibition Centre. Nine hours and we still did not see all of the stalls. So much beautiful 'stuff'.

Clothing, home decor, shoes, jewellery of every description, artwork, stationery, linen and Manchester, toys, games, packaging, glassware, candles, watches, hats, party ware, silverware, cutlery, electronics, souvenirs, lighting, mirrors, fashion accessories, apparel, baby products, educational, cookware, kitchen utensils, tableware, storage, Christmas and the list goes on and on and on.

It was like being at a bigger, less expensive version of Eumundi markets!!

My idea of heaven.

I ordered beautiful journals and stationery and books. I bought gorgeous jewellery. I found fabulous packaging to colour co-ordinate with my brand. I plan on ordering some amazing educational resources for kids. I've taken information for colourful leather purses, wallets and handbags.

I'm so excited!

We are returning tomorrow morning in an attempt to see what we missed today.

By the time we were kicked out at 6pm closing time, our feet were so sore, we limped our way into a nearby arcade, found a nail shop, plonked ourselves down in their massage chairs and thoroughly enjoyed a pedicure and foot massage.

I can't even tell you how wonderful that was. I asked the girl who massaged my feet, to come home with me. She said that she would if I paid her a LOT of money.

We couldn't even bear the thought of walking back to our motel to get ready for dinner, so we hobbled our way to the closest restaurant on Darling Harbour, sat down and ordered a couple of cocktails and a delicious meal.

Two alcoholic beverages, a main meal each and two hours later we were climbing the carpark ramps to reach our motel room.

We didn't even collapse when we reached the room! Instead, we began sifting through all of our catalogues, price lists and business cards as if it was Christmas, and opening all the bags of jewellery that we'd bought on site, to drool over again.

We planned our outfits for tomorrow.

Repacked and reorganised our suitcases.

Changed into our pyjamas.

Climbed into bed with all of our catalogues and worked out which stalls we will order from tomorrow

Checked our emails to discover the invoices from today's orders.

Complained loudly about the aching feet and the seizing up muscles in every part of our body.

Made fun of ourselves for still being awake at 1.30am after such a ridiculously full day.

Found our essential oils to help ease our stress and sleep well.

And now ... it's time to give up and go to sleep.

Nite all.    

No comments: