Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Maybe Not

So maybe I wasn't all shopped out yesterday!

Bubbles, Knight in Shining Armour and R1 arrived at precisely 11am to pick me up from Mosman and drive me across to the other side of Sydney to The Metro Hotel, where I am staying for two nights.

I like this motel. I've stayed here a couple of times before and it's very comfortable with good beds and it's right across the road from Westfields Miranda.

Westfield Miranda has had huge renovations since I was last here and it's bigger and brighter than ever with so many new shops, it would take more than a day to see everything!

Bubbles and I spent the afternoon having a look around a few shops. Shoes and jewellery were our focus. Two pairs of shoes and two necklaces later, we decided to sit down for some lunch.

Bubbles' boots

My boots

I enjoyed some grilled salmon with a garden salad and Bubbles ordered a Wagyu beef burger and chips. It was a long leisurely lunch and we caught up on all of our news.

From there, we escaped the shopping centre and come back to the motel room so that I could change my shoes.

We lazed around on the bed relaxing for more than an hour before heading off to the local RSL for a flutter on the pokies and keno and then some dinner. GF chicken schnitzel with GF chips and salad. It was a huge meal and we followed it with delicious desserts, also GF.


We walked back to the motel again, watched some Big Bang Theory and then Bubbles walked the two blocks to her home, while I talked to her on the phone.

Now, I and my electronic devices are spread out over this deliciously large and comfortable king sized bed, and I am watching a movie.

Tomorrow, we plan on having breakfast together, then catching the train to Cronulla to attend the cinema to see 'Hidden Figures'.

The temperature is forecast to be 36C tomorrow and 38C on Saturday, so a dip in Knight in Shining Armour's swimming pool might be in order! Thank goodness we are not in Western Sydney, where the forecast is for 44C!!!  Ugh!!

It's after 11pm, so I'm off to get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: