Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 6, 2017

Day of Rest (or not)

What a beautifully lazy start to the day!

I woke up just after 8am and lazed in bed until after 10am. It felt decadent after the last 3 days of jumping out of bed early, showering, eating breakfast, preparing lunches, making ourselves presentable for 12 hour days and then navigating through 30 minutes of peek hour traffic to reach our destination!

We left the house at lunch time, test drove some cars, lunched at a pavilion full of furniture shops, test drove some lounges and outdoor settings (Adoring Husband, you almost got a phone call!) and then drove to Manly beach where we frolicked up to our ankles in the COLD sea water.

There were a hell of a LOT of people at the beach.

They were playing beach volleyball, surfing, body boarding, sunbathing, canoodling, wading, swimming and body surfing.






The tide was on it's way in and the waves were very unpredictable, sometimes tickling my toes and sometimes pounding almost up to my knees!

It was very refreshing after a very hot day. The 'grounding' was therapeutic and the wind blew all the cobwebs out ... even though we were left very windswept.

We had a few items to buy to restock the pantry before we headed home, so we stopped off at that wonderful market place again.

This was our dinner tonight, which was washed down with vodka, tonic and lime.


We have spent the evening surfing the net and listening to relaxing, soothing music.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now I must attempt to climb into bed before midnight! (oops! too late!)

Nite all.

No comments: