Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Date Day

I had two dates today!

Before my dates, I had to book my train ticket to Brisbane for Friday. ✓ check!

My first date was with Tweedle Dee for coffee this morning, and I had a thoroughly lovely time. Tweedle Dee has fabulous listening skills and I really enjoy spending time with her. We have some good laughs, but there was no snorting today!

She delivered, straight from her garden, this delicious Dragon Fruit!!


I also had my first coffee in more than six weeks!! I did not enjoy it, but it caused no adverse effects, so at least I know that once in a while, I can have a coffee in a social situation and not worry.

Adoring Husband picked me up from my coffee date and we headed into The Bay for some grocery shopping, to restock the chook food and to get supplies for the maintenance business.

We were hoping to eat lunch at the new 'Happy Days Diner' on The Esplanade in Scarness, but their kitchen is not finished yet. They only have coffee and slices available at the moment, but the diner looks amazing!

The staff wear authentic 50s/60s gear. There are the old fashioned booths to sit in and chequered tiles/lino on the floor. There is the back end of a car with it's bench seat, old vinyl record albums on show, chrome chairs with laminated tables.

It has a great feel about it and I was disappointed to find their kitchen not working yet. We will definitely return in a few weeks and review it!

We decided instead, to eat at Cafe Tapas and enjoyed lamb cutlets with pesto, pumpkin, spinach and pine nut salad, grilled calamari and prawns on skewers. It was just right.

There was no retail therapy today. No shoes. No clothes. No jewellery. No make-up. No journals! I did buy some cell food face cream and cell food drops for ingesting - does that count as retail therapy?? Nah.

We were home by 3.30pm and the psychotic dogs were happy to see us. The house was lovely and cool, due to the air conditioning .. we love our air conditioning! Although the weather has actually cooled down enough to turn it off tonight!

Tomorrow is packing day and it's now after 11pm, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: