Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Another Day of Rest

On the way to coffee this morning, I stopped in at The Motivator's house to deliver her Valentine's Card to The Fisher King and also to pick up mine and Woman of Many Talent's Le Reve delivery. The Fisher King just happened to be on the phone with The Motivator when I arrived, so I had a quick chat with her before departing with my goods.

It was a nice morning to have coffee (or in my case, water) with The Blonde Bombshell and The Reality TV Queen.

The weather was warm but bearable and TRTVQ brought along Archie and Kara, two dogs that she is looking after while their Mum is in hospital. They are lovely and affectionate little things.

I returned home and sat on the couch for four hours, catching up on MKR, which Adoring Husband recorded for me while I was away.

That was such hard work, I had to go for a nap at 2.30pm and slept for more than two hours!

Dinner was easy. Grass fed rump with leftover roast vegetables and gravy from yesterday and some steamed broccoli. That took less than 30 minutes to prepare. Easy peasy.

As keen as I am to get back into my workspace and make some headway with my website, I only have four days with Adoring Husband before I head off again, so I'm trying to make the time count. It will probably be the end of March before I really get moving and make a serious go of it.

There is no point in making the site 'live' when I'm not going to be here for 3 of the next 5 weeks. I need to make a commitment to be here solidly for 6 months following it's launch because if it is as successful as I hope it to be, I am going to be busy!! Busy!! Busy!! Busy!!

I certainly can't rely on someone else to do my dirty work ... not just yet anyway haha.

I subscribed to Mayim Bialik's youtube channel this morning and watched half of her short videos, (around 4 minutes each) this being one of them ...

Too Emotional

Even after more than two hours sleep today, I am still going to have an early night.

Nite all.

No comments: