Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

All Shopped Out

The Motivator had a meeting to attend this morning.

I had the opportunity to go shopping for the duration of her meeting, but instead I chose to laze in bed til late, enjoy a leisurely breakfast, pamper myself in the bathroom and then sit in the giant comfy lounge right under a beautiful window with filtered sunlight, reading a book.

It was a perfect morning which I thoroughly enjoyed.

The Motivator arrived home after lunch, so we snacked on some leftovers from the fridge before deciding to head off to Chatswood for a spot of ... you guessed it ... SHOPPING!

We started at Chatswood Chase and then headed over to Westfield. We didn't get to Chatswood until after 3.30pm, so there wasn't a lot of time for the heavy duty kind of shopping with which we are most familiar!

I was in search of a small suitcase combined laptop carrier on wheels and with an extending handle and found this ...

It's the perfect 'carry on' size and carries enough clothes/toiletries/shoes/stationery etc for three or four days + my laptop/iPad and all the cords and chargers for my devices.

It also came in very handy for carrying the remainder of our purchases in the short time that we had to indulge.

I got a business card container, a journal (another one!?), a folder to take to the gift fair next week, two pairs of shoes (one pair for Adoring Husband) and a top.

Now, with two pieces of luggage, I have just enough room to pack everything to take home!

Tomorrow, I leave The Motivator for a couple of days to spend time with Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour. Then on Saturday, I return to The Motivator to spend the evening with her family as they celebrate Mum's and Dad's special birthdays.

I fly home on Sunday to catch up with Adoring Husband for a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing him before I head off for another 12 days.

Even though I'm not a big fan of Sydney, I have enjoyed my time here with The Motivator and feel refreshed and rejuvenated!

By the time I arrive home, the air conditioning will be installed and life will be cooler and happier in our home. *happy dance*

It's well after midnight .. again .. so ..

Nite all.

No comments: