Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 12, 2017

What the Hell!?

I'm sitting here nine tenths of the way through building this website and feeling totally overwhelmed!

Tiny details that don't quite match up the way they should, which then require hours of research or investigation or experimentation or back tracking to find the one little thing that I missed. Sometimes it only takes a couple of minutes to figure it out, but sometimes it takes a couple of hours.

Those are the times when I look at myself and say "What the hell were you thinking? What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Here I am at the far end of 56, (to a lot of people this seems really young, and to many others it seems really old!) attempting to teach myself to build a website, and not just a simple one page or one subject website, but one with multiple pages covering multiple subjects and including a shop which sells actual products that I now possess.

This requires stocktaking, photographing, pricing, cataloguing, packaging, mailing, invoicing etc etc.

My future will now require, not only maintaining the website, but

  • actively creating a weekly recipe (a long winded process) to post on the recipe page
  • attempting weekly art/craft/DIY projects and both writing and photographing the step by step process to post on the' Let's Get Arty Farty' page
  • providing weekly photography tips for the 'Photography and You' page, as well as running a competition for followers via Facebook and Flickr
  • Providing weekly healthy habits and good nutrition information on it's own page
  • Maintaining all social network pages i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Flickr and Pinterest
  • Writing a weekly blog post for the 'Life as Roz knows it' page
  • Daily trips to the post office to send off the products that people buy (hopefully)
  • Continuing to write daily for my old blog
  • Writing more ebooks, some free and some for sale
  • My other special project that I'm keeping under wraps until it's finished
Aside from all of that, I need to continue eating well and providing good healthful meals for Adoring Husband and myself.

I need to continue my gentle exercises, which takes at least forty minutes of my day.

I'd like to think that my business will make enough money that I can afford a cleaner at some time in the near future, so I don't have to worry about that. That may be wishful thinking.

Anyway, that's where I'm at and even though I'm not deterred and I'm still feeling excited about the prospect of being successful with this, I'm a little concerned that I've bitten off more than I can chew and I feel that my time management skills may need some work!

Now I'm off for an early night, so that I can put in a solid day tomorrow.

Nite all


 

No comments: