Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

What a Day!

The energy is surging in our town at the moment, and it's all bad energy.

I don't know if it's the heat or what it is, but it's not good.

The Reality TV Queen lost her husband yesterday, who succumbed after a very long illness, for which he refused treatment. So sad, but it's a blessing that he is no longer in pain. May he rest in peace.

In the street behind her house, there was a stabbing! A long running feud between neighbours came to a head when a dog belonging to one of them, escaped from the yard and trespassed onto the neighbour's property. This triggered a fit of rage and as he'd previously promised would happen, he took a knife and went on a rampage attempting to hurt the husband and wife AND dog.

He stabbed the man, and police, ambulance and news reporters were all soon on the scene.

Unbelievable.

This morning, my watch told me that I slept for 7 hours and 21 minutes. This made me happy, however, I only slept deeply for 2 hours, slept 'restfully' for about 3 hours and the remaining hours were 'restless'. I did wake up feeling good though, and I've had plenty of energy all day, so I'm happy with that.

I will attempt to make that a habit.

Now, my watch is telling me that I walked more than 4kms today and rode for 4kms, so that's good too!

I saw my boys this morning and then rode to the beach, where I walked for more than thirty minutes as the tide came in. The water was lukewarm, so it wasn't very refreshing and by the time I got to the end of my walk, I could feel the bite in the sun on my back. It was going to be a very hot day!

I decided to pick up bags full of fresh fruit from the supermarket, imagining that I would make up a refreshing big bowl of cold fruit salad. Cherries, black grapes, rockmelon, pawpaw, mango, bananas, strawberries, passionfruit and apple. It sounded like a great idea to help ease the heat.

No fruit salad was made, but I did eat half a tub of cherries and a bunch of grapes! Tomorrow is another day.

The Motivator has been home for a week and I finally got to catch up with her today. We spent two hours spilling all of our news. She gave me some more motivation and some great ideas and advice for the website.

Her house was beautifully air conditioned and I'd forgotten how hot it was until I opened the door to leave. Ugh!! I begged her to let me stay! Haha.

I was actually surprised when I returned home, to find that the house wasn't too hot. My workspace had a nice breeze blowing through the window and that, combined with my little fan on the desk, was enough to keep me comfortable.

I ate a light lunch. I edited and resized some of the photos that I'd taken on Monday and Tuesday. I priced all of the jewellery. Checked my emails and by then, it was time to cook dinner.

It was a full day.

It's almost 10.30pm and if I want to get 7.5 hours of sleep again tonight, I'd best move my butt in the direction of the bedroom!

Nite all.

No comments: