Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Too Many Tourists

Honestly! They're everywhere!

It's tourist season and there is no escaping them. As much as I want to rant ... and I have this big spiel in my head ... I will show restraint, but I just needed to put it out there!

It was a pleasant coffee with the girls this morning, although there were only four of us.

Adoring Husband and I drove into to town for a spot of grocery shopping, where we were greeted by another overwhelming wave of tourists. Ugh.

I restocked my coconut ice cream supply, went to a closing down sale and got some bargains, bought four tops for $43 - gotta love this time of year for sales! Checked my lotto tickets and it seems my dream of becoming a multimillionaire didn't come to fruition.

We were home before 3pm and the psychotic dogs were very excited to see us .. probably because the house was like a sauna and they just wanted to get outside!

I was excited to receive my finished logos for Romance Your Life.







There are different sizes and different configurations for all the social media sites and for the website itself. These are just a few. I'm very happy with the results, especially because I got input from a couple of friends and between the designer, my friends and myself, we came up with something that I love.

It's been described as a "lush, green, fertile planet full of life, passion and fun" and "like looking into the depths of a beautiful green ocean" Those descriptions bring a smile to my heart.

I hope to be attending my first art class tomorrow, although I haven't heard from my lift, and I don't have her phone number, so I hope she hasn't forgotten me!

Now I need to get to bed, so that I can be fresh and alert and creative and artistic tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: