Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 6, 2017

Time Flies!

I received a text message from Reality TV Queen early this morning, inviting me into The Bay for a bit of gambling and some lunch. It's been about 6 weeks or more since I had a gambling hit, so I jumped at the chance to join her for the day.

We stopped at Aldi first where I bought some fruit and veg. I found a newsagent to check my Powerball ticket - alas I did not win $55million - but I did find some lovely new journals (and you can never have too many journals).

We then headed to the RSL club, where we gambled to our heart's content and suffered through a roast pork lunch with very dry pork and very chewy crackle, then gambled some more before heading home. We were home by 2.30pm.

On the drive home, I received a phone call from Adoring Husband to say that he was called to work because there was a snake and he had to organise the snake catcher to come remove it. It was only a green tree snake, but it was quite large and scared a few people, including AH!

I spent the afternoon planning and booking and organising a trip down to Canberra in February for a two day conference that I'm keen to attend. I spent forty minutes figuring out the least expensive way to get there and another forty minutes organising accommodation.

By the time I'd finished, it was almost 5.30pm, so I jumped up to prepare dinner. As I sat down to eat it, I looked at my watch and saw that it was 6.20pm and suddenly realised that it was Friday night and I should have been at the club!!

Adoring Husband had asked me much earlier in the afternoon if I was going to the club, but somewhere between his question and the time that I should have been getting ready, my brain pushed the information into a dark corner where I couldn't see it!

Looking on the bright side, I got to see this lovely sunset from my front door ...


Apologies to the girls who were expecting me at the club tonight, but I bet there were a billion tourists there taking all the chairs and being noisy! Haha.

Well it's after 10.30pm. I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: