Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Simply Saturday

I woke to the sound of rain blowing against the windows this morning.

So instead of going for my morning ride, I made myself comfortable and enjoyed some morning reading in bed until around 8.30am.

As much as I wanted to go straight to my workspace, I decided that the housework had been neglected for long enough and so I spent the morning cleaning the main bathroom and toilet, sweeping floors, clearing clutter and finding homes for the shoes and handbags that I've scattered throughout the house in the last couple of weeks.

I did some washing and returned all of my journals, books and art pens to my workspace from the lounge room (which was beginning to look like an office!).

During my decluttering, I found some paperwork from the financial advisor that still needed to be read before we sign off next week, so I sat at my desk and read half of it before I decided to prepare lunch.

Adoring Husband and I watched the Aussies defeat Pakistan in the Test Cricket over lunch and then I returned to the kitchen to create some deliciousness.

Lime cheesecake with raspberry gel topping ...




It's an adapted recipe from one that I made for my LeReve party a few weeks ago. I've made my own version so that I can use it on my site, which is why it took so long to create today. Writing down every step and taking photos .. you know the drill.

I finished in the kitchen and Adoring Husband did the tag team thing and swapped places with me. He cleaned the kitchen so that I could start again and cook dinner!

Duck breast and salad, followed by Lime Cheesecake of course!

So having performed my wifely duties today (and by that I mean 'housework'), I intend to spend the next two days at my workspace. I have a very long 'to do' list that needs attention.

10.30pm and I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: