Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Productivity Plus

I moved straight from my bedroom to my workspace this morning.

Well, I had my lemon water first.

There was much to do while the internet was moving quite a bit faster than yesterday.

I researched packaging for different sized photos framed with mat board and mounted on padded board. There was really nothing suitable, although I could have some packaging taylor made for a price.

During this research, I trawled through many many photography websites, from little known photographers, to well known photographers, to Etsy photography shops and international photographers.

All of them send their prints through the mail rolled up inside cardboard cylinders - except for soft canvas prints and stretched canvas prints and fully framed limited edition prints.

I also discovered that my prices were way lower than any of the other photographers! So I changed my prices, which meant a lot of editing on 20 different pages.

I doubled checked my sizes and discovered that I had one measurement incorrect on my larger pics, so I had to edit them too.

By this time, it was 1pm and I had a Le Reve party to attend at 2pm, so I made myself presentable and pedalled to The Motivator's house. I was a bit concerned to pull into the driveway and discover that the party presenter had not arrived yet! I was hoping that this wouldn't be a repeat of the last party that I attended where she didn't turn up at all.

The Motivator soon put my mind at ease when she explained the situation and twenty minutes later, Forgetful Jane pulled into the driveway.

There were six of us in attendance and we all had fun trying the different scents in the perfumes and roll on blends. It was very difficult to decide on what to buy and I'm glad that I have three more parties to attend in the coming months so that I can spread my spending. I really love the essential oils and the different blends.

The Motivator put up a beautiful spread at the end of the presentation with some delicious chicken wings, a cheese and veg platter, a fruit and chocolate dip platter and a GF chocolate mud cake. I filled my belly with all of that deliciousness and didn't need any dinner when I got home!

After everybody left, we discussed our flights and plans for the Sydney trip coming up soon and before I knew it, it was 6.15pm! Poor Adoring Husband was sitting at home waiting patiently for me to return and cook his dinner! It was a nice easy steak with eggs, tomato, avocado and kimchi.

Now I am enjoying the tennis with the Australian, Gavrilova playing the Swiss girl Bacsinszky. So far, a great match!

I hope that tomorrow, the internet is moving efficiently and I get to spend time getting more checked off my 'to do' list.

Tonight I'm feeling enthusiastic and motivated .. I hope the mood remains upon waking tomorrow!




That's it from me.

Nite all.

No comments: