Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 20, 2017

Internet Hell

That's where I was today! Internet hell!

I had a lot on my 'to do' list and I was so keen to get moving and check off as many items as possible.

The stoopid internet did not play fair at all.

It was taking at least two minutes for pages to load. It took 6 minutes to load the photography site that I needed. On the Flickr site, I couldn't even load my photos! They just froze mid load.

I attempted to create a business card on the Vistaprint site, but even though I made it to the size that they requested, it didn't fit in the frame they provided. I tried, unsuccessfully, three times ... but tomorrow is another day!

Nothing seemed to go right and I complained loudly to Adoring Husband, who wasn't the slightest bit sympathetic to my woes.

Ruby, number two psychotic dog, decided that my light box was a perfect place to sleep. I really must put that away tomorrow, so that she doesn't dig a hole in the bottom of it, the way she has with her real bed.

I registered with the Reed Gift Fair, which is being held in Sydney, and which I will be attending with The Motivator straight after the Health and Wellness Festival in Canberra. They ask for a LOT of documentation to prove that you own a business before they approve your Pass.

I hope to get some good ideas for my online shop and make some helpful contacts. A bit of networking and marketing never went astray. Hopefully, my website will be up and running by then so that I can hand out business cards (if I ever get over that little hurdle) and look like I've got my act together!

Well, it's safe to say that I don't have my act together at all tonight because it's already 11.30pm and I still have stuff to do in the kitchen before I go to bed.

So on that note, I shall bid you good night.

Nite all.


No comments: