Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hours of Nothing

Last night I enjoyed a fabulous eight hours sleep.

This morning I enjoyed a fabulous two hours reading in bed.

Today, I enjoyed a fabulous three hours in my workspace.

At 1.30pm I made a batch of dog food and cut Adoring Husband a piece of lime cheesecake for lunch.

This afternoon I enjoyed another three hours in my workspace.

Funnily enough, for all the time that I spent at my desk, I don't feel like I achieved very much!

I think one of my worst traits (in this particular instance) is having to know 'more'. I spend so much time googling to find out more information about what I'm doing, so that I can better understand the process.

It means that what should be a ten minute task, usually ends up being a forty minute task .. or even longer. Sometimes while I'm reading the extra information, there will be a link to even more information, which I will click on and then spend even more time reading.

Potentially, my six hours of work is the equivalent of one hour of actual productivity.

At the beginning of my day, while I was tidying my desk before starting the day, I discovered that I have accumulated a large number of journals!


I love journals.

I acquired all but two of these in the last three months, and I can't decide if it's a precious passion or a dirty addiction. I guess only time will tell.

The clean smooth feel of the pages when you first open the cover, is one of my guilty pleasures, but writing the first word in a brand spanking new journal is such a difficult thing to do! I have to remind myself that each journal needs to feel the love!

I kept two of these journals for two years because they were so beautiful, I couldn't bear to write in them, but now they have a reason for 'being' and I can tell that they are very happy!

Well, it's after 10.30pm and I'm looking forward to another fabulous eight hours of sleep tonight.

Nite all.


No comments: