Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Happy Dayz

I had a productive day at my desk.

However, I am continually amazed at how one day I feel like I am close to making an announcement, only to discover that there is more to do, more to learn and the announcement is still a distant vision!

It's a lesson in patience, time management, planning, co-ordination, structure, formulation, improvisation, manipulation and visualisation.

I no longer beat myself up with each disappointment. I just have to build a bridge and get over it. Move on. Go forward.

Eventually, I will reach the finish line.

Even with 5 hours at my desk today, I felt like I had only achieved what a professional would have taken an hour (if that) to complete.

Still, I am being overly cautious and double checking everything because I don't want to have to backtrack to fix mistakes if I can avoid it.

Adoring Husband came up with a brilliant idea for lunch and we had fish and chips from the local takeaway, so I didn't have to leave my desk.

At 3.30pm I pedalled off to meet The Blonde Bombshell and Reality TV Queen for drinks.

Reality TV Queen is struggling with the passing of her husband and this afternoon was a drinking session combined with group therapy. It's a process that she is going to have to endure to get to the other side of grief, and right now she needs lots of love and understanding.

I just wish I could make it all better for her.

I think it was after 6pm when I got home and I made a quick nosh up of lamb mince with cabbage, carrot, zucchini, onion, garlic, chilli and the juices from Friday night's lamb roast. It was pretty yummy, as were the strawberries with chopped hazelnuts, shredded chocolate and coconut ice cream that we had for dessert.

It's just after 10pm so it looks like I can have an early night. Roger Federer has just won his match in the Aus Open, so I can head to bed feeling satisfied that all is right with my world.

Nite all.


No comments: