Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Getting Trivial

Well, unfortunately, my art class did not happen.

The teacher runs the classes in a shed in her back yard and she says it's just too hot to run classes at this time of the year, so she has gone away for a month and the classes will commence near the end of February.

It kind of suited me. It gives me a chance to focus on the website (and hopefully finish it) before I have to focus on sculpting!

Since I'd psyched myself into a day of art, I wasn't sure what to do with my time, so I rode down to see the boys at the Seat of Knowledge, bought some tomatoes for our lamb shank dinner, then went for a 6km trike ride.

I had taken a book to read down by the river, but there were too many people around (bloody tourists), so I rode home feeling a bit discombobulated.

While I was gone, Adoring Husband had returned from The Bay and was busy in the shed, finishing his new work station.

I spent an hour at my desk attaching my logo to all of my social media sites and pages, which took me to lunchtime.

Sausages were on the menu for lunch and I made an avocado mixture with chopped onion and capsicum and the yummy dressing from last night's dinner. I piled that into a lettuce cup and served it with some kimchi alongside the sausages.

After lunch I prepared the lamb shanks for the slow cooker so that we would have an easy meal before going to trivia tonight.

The website wasn't calling to me today, so I wrote in my journal, added my three notes of gratitude to my Appreciation journal and then decided to scribble some notes about a book idea that I have. I tell you, I have so many ideas spinning around in my head! Is it any wonder that I can't get to full speed on the website!

Late this afternoon we got ready for trivia, picked up The Blonde Bombshell from her house and drove to the club to meet Tweedledee and her husband The Garden Guru.

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the club! There was a long line of people, almost all tourists, queuing to order their meals and they had filled all the tables in the room.

One of the Burrum ladies from our luncheons was sitting at a table with her family and they were finishing off their meals, so they promised us their table. In the meantime we sat with other friends chatting until the table was free.

It was loud and crowded and busy. Almost all of the tourists stayed to play trivia. There are usually about 6 or 7 teams for trivia, but tonight, there were 16!! The couple who run it, Nobody's Fool and The Cheeky Goblin, did a fantastic job, really keeping their cool under difficult circumstances and keeping everybody entertained and happy.

It was a good night and we came 7th out of the 16 teams. None of us were really on the ball tonight, and it was difficult to hear each other over the noise. I didn't answer many questions at all and of the ones I did answer, I got quite a few wrong!! Ah well, February is another month. We'll smash it in February!

Here I am breaking my New Year's Resolution ... it's almost midnight! I should have been in bed at least an hour ago!

Nite all.

No comments: