Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Danceless Tuesday

Adoring Husband and I had a disturbed night of sleep last night. Between the heat, coughing fits, full bladders and early alarms, neither of us enjoyed a sound night of sleep.

This means that I did not get to dance on the beach before coffee with the girls, as I mentioned yesterday would be my plan.

I was still able to make it to coffee by 8.30am but there were only two of us there until almost 9am! At that point, just one more arrived and then two 'ring ins' pulled up a seat and joined us for coffee. Beauty sat with us briefly on her way home from swimming.

Morning coffee isn't quite the same without Rebel Mardi and Lady Lynn.

I left the girls at around 10am so that I could drive into The Bay with Adoring Husband. We had to pick up some kombucha that we'd ordered in bulk and also had to restock my coconut ice cream.

My peppermint choc chip ice cream wasn't in stock today and I was SOOO disappointed! I stood in front of those glass fridge doors, looking at all the flavours for about ten minutes until AH said "Standing there staring is not going to make it magically appear" to which I replied "But if I look for long enough, something will jump out at me!"

And it did!

Hiding underneath another flavour, but a different brand to my usual choice, was another peppermint and choc chip!! I pounced on it so fast!

I tasted it after lunch today and OMG, it is now my favourite brand. I almost ate the whole tub, but AH convinced me that I would be disappointed if I didn't have some left for another time. I knew he was right.

After lunch, we watched the movie "Chaplin" which is 25yrs old this year! There are a lot of big names in that movie. I didn't see it in 1992 when it was released, but quite enjoyed it today.

I only had one hour at my desk this afternoon. Found a couple of glitches in my site, so I fixed one of them and will deal with the other one in the morning.

I thought this was pretty funny. I found it tonight ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4LnorVVxfw

Anyway, it's almost 10pm and you know where I am headed.

Nite all.

PS Oh! I bought some new shoes today!



No comments: