Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Creating Recipes

I pedalled down to visit the boys at the Seat of Knowledge this morning, but they had all made a run for it due to the rain - not that I would call it rain - it was really just a very fine mist.

So with nobody to sit with, I decided to take a long ride. I rode to the beach, parked the trike, kicked off my thongs at the bottom of the stairs and headed out to the waterline.

The tide was quite low, but was on it's way in, so I didn't have far to walk. I splashed through the shallows in my bare feet and walked for about 20 minutes. I didn't want to go too far because the skies were looking very ominous!


This was taken with my phone camera. I walked back to my thongs and decided to trike around town until 9am when the Post Office was due to open.

I checked for mail, bought a couple of groceries and pedalled the long way home. My completed activities for today are 4,124 steps walking and 7kms riding, but my watch is not happy with that. It tells me I need to do more. If my watch doesn't stop harassing me, I'm going to turn that button off permanently!

I wasn't feeling very motivated for working on the website today, so instead, I decided to create a recipe which I will eventually post on my new recipe page when it's up and running.

I made smoked cod and sweet potato patties. The first batch were a bit bland because I forgot to season them, but I added the seasoning before cooking the second batch and they were delicious.


As you can see, I served them with rocket, pear and walnut salad topped with my special green dressing and some kimchi on the side. The mix made 24 patties and there are only six left, so I guess that's a good indication of their taste.

It took me quite a bit longer to make them, having to write down all the ingredients and measurements as I went and remembering to stop and write down each step of the method is tricky too! Oh and I had to stop and take a photo of each step as well!

After we ate lunch, I sat on the couch and watched the cricket in between writing some more notes and adding to the outline of the new book idea.

I added another ten recipes to the list for posting on the website over the coming months, and I browsed through my recipe books to find some that I'd converted or adapted over the years.

I scoured through Pinterest and found some stuff to add to my Romance Your Life Pinterest page ... one day I will be motivated to finish that too lol.

So even though I didn't work on my actual website, I did a lot of stuff to contribute to it later, and that's ok.

Anyway it's after 10pm so I'm off to bed!

Nite all.

 

No comments: