Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Checked Off

The Seat of Knowledge enjoyed my company for a short while this morning. There was another female there when I arrived, whom I shall name Manic Mermaid. She lives on a boat on the river and obviously has some mental issues, among other problems. She provided some entertainment and some uncomfortable moments.

In future, if she is there when I arrive, I shall continue riding and not stop. She gave me a very bad feeling and she seems to be quite volatile, so I believe she is a good person to avoid. She didn't even speak to me directly while I was there, but still I felt uneasy. Alway follow your instincts, I say.

We had to drive into town to pick up our FROG box this afternoon, so I decided to take the opportunity to have a couple of my photos printed. One in the small size and one in the large size.

We then visited my framing guy to get some quotes on mat board frames and backing. I was pleasantly surprised by his quote and left the two photos there to be mounted and framed with mat board.

I want my photos to be presented professionally, so this is the test. I just have to figure out how to ship them!

So that's another task checked off the 'to do' list.

While we were in The Bay, I received a text informing us that the FROG box was going to be delayed by at least 90 minutes! What a pain.

We drove to Go Natural to see if they had restocked their fridge with peppermint choc chip coconut ice cream, but alas they hadn't. The owner apologised because he had been away on holidays and told me that it would be the 29th January before the next order came in.

I almost fell to my knees in despair! I told him that this simply was not acceptable and that I couldn't possibly wait that long!

He then made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. He said that if I ordered at least six tubs of it, he would give it to me at a great discounted price. He didn't tell me what the discounted price would be, but I didn't care. I simply opened my eyes really wide with delighted surprise and said "Yes please!"

I still have to wait til 29th January, but now I wait with eager anticipation!

While Adoring Husband shopped at his favourite, and my most despised store, Bunnings, I shopped at Stocklands for a few grocery items. I forced myself to avoid all other shops, however, I did shop at one of the kiosks in the the walkway and bought some TurmeriX. I've heard amazing things about this product, so I'm excited to try it.

After all of that, we still had 45 minutes to kill before our FROG box would be ready, so we found a coffee shop for AH to get his afternoon fix and I downloaded the tennis app on my phone and began watching some tennis! We sat in the car with the deliciously cold air conditioning and relaxed while we waited.

By the time we arrived home, I think it was after 5pm and the house was like a sauna! Ugh! We threw open all the doors and windows to let some fresh air in and thank goodness there was a good cooling breeze coming from the south and soon the house had cooled down to a comfortable level.

We are, at last, on the list for our new air conditioner to be installed, however, we have to wait until 10th February! That's still three weeks away.

It's already after 10pm and as much as I'd like to stay awake and watch Jordan Thompson complete his match against Dominic Thiem in the Australian Open, I want even more, to get a good night's sleep so that I can be fresh for the website tomorrow. After a lost day today, I have some catching up to do.

So ...

Nite all!

No comments: