Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Eve of Christmas

You know what it's like when you set your alarm and you know you have to wake up early?

It's impossible to sleep soundly. I tossed and turned and the dogs got me up once during the night (what sort of a stupid habit are they developing?), and I was wide awake, long before my alarm sounded.

We were on the other side of The Bay before the clock even reached 6.30am.

We found a little fresh seafood place around the corner from Urangan Fisheries, but they only took cash, so we drove around the corner to our original destination, but the queue was a mile long (already!), so we drove to the marina, found an ATM and returned to our first stop.

By the time we pulled away from the curb, our esky was chock-a-block full of seafood - for just the two of us!


The pier markets were our next stop. We found coffee and I spent money on stuff that I did not need (as you do at markets). A couple of crystals for the frangipani trees in our front yard. A lucky golden cat with a waving arm. A little leather purse for club nights. A bag of tomatoes. A big bouquet of flowers.


We returned to the car and still, it was not even 8am.

I needed to replenish my supply of peppermint chocolate chip coconut ice cream, but Go Natural didn't open until 8.30am.

The decision was made to go eat breakfast at Aquavue, but as we rounded the corner to the eating area, there were about 50 bicycles lined up along the fence and the 50 riders were all seated in the cafe. We took an immediate U-turn and decided instead to go for a walk along the beach.

It was a stunningly beautiful morning ...



We didn't get very far along the beach before my body decided that it needed to rid itself of some coffee, so once again, we took a U-turn and walked back to the public amenities.

They were disgustingly filthy and I had to do some heavy duty cleaning before using the loo. Ew. Gross!!

Finally, we could get my ice cream!

From there, Dan Murphy's was our next stop. Another 30 minute wait for 9am to arrive. There was a very long queue of people waiting in both directions, including impatient children and teenagers. When the doors opened, we were in and out very quickly.

We arrived home at 9.30am and unpacked the car.

Once again I attempted to do some website work, but the brain couldn't focus, so instead I worked on my vision board and did some artwork to add to it. I wrote my story of what I want for 'me' in 2017 and recruited a young lady to create a logo for Romance Your Life.

I joined Adoring Husband in the lounge room but he was watching a Dr Who Christmas Special marathon on the Syfy channel on Foxtel. Not my cup of tea at all. So I had a whinge and waited until 4.30pm for my 'Love Actually' date with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet (who insisted that she is a "G" girl and should be included in this tradition).

One large packet of potato chips and half a tub of peppermint choc chip ice cream later, the movie was over for another year, but thoroughly enjoyable, as always!

Now, I am going to wrap Adoring Husband's Christmas presents before I head to bed.

Adoring Husband is like a small child on Christmas morning and always wakes me up at stupid o'clock to open what's under the tree.

It's already 10.45pm and will be much later when I've wrapped the presents. So this is your warning my darling!!! Stupid o'clock is not an option!!

From Adoring Husband and I ...


Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Nite all.


1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

A very merry Christmas to you and Barry also, Roz.