Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Terrific Tuesday

Well, only four out of my thirteen guests did not attend today. I'm surprised by two of them not attending because they were very keen. Ah well.

The party was a success. I received $350 worth of products for $63 because two people booked a party and my guests spent more than $600. Now I get to attend another two parties to build up my delicious collection of essential oils.

Thank goodness my food was a hit and now I need to provide recipes to three different ladies for four different dishes. Even Reality TV Queen, our biggest critic of 'all things food' praised my spread and left with a full belly and a smile on her face.

After everybody left, Adoring Husband and I both cleared everything away and I got to have a power nap for about twenty minutes, which was just what the doctor ordered. My lower back is giving me a bit of grief, but that's from standing on the tiles in the kitchen for hours on end. I just need to rest it.

We hardly had time to sit down before it was time to pack the esky ready for our monthly barbecue at the Lions Park. I packed the leftover nibbles and dips, as well as the chocolate energy balls and we carefully arranged everything in the esky so as not to squish or spill the food.

For the second month in a row, the wind was unbearable at the park, and made it very uncomfortable for us all. It was difficult to keep things secure on the tables and our words were taken away by the wind making it hard to have a decent conversation.

Quite a few of our group were missing tonight, being out of town, so it was an intimate gathering.

As everybody began preparing the barbecue hotplates ready to cook the meat, I realised that we had left our meat at home! Ugh. So we didn't eat any dinner. We were still pretty full from the party spread, so by the time we arrived home, we decided not to bother with dinner at all.

It's now 8.30pm and I believe it might be time to lay my head on the pillow and catch up on some sleep. The psychotic dogs woke me twice last night during my five hours of sleep, and I feel that it's catching up with me.

We have trivia tomorrow night, but I'm looking forward to a quiet day at my desk where hopefully, I can edit all the photos that I've been promising for more than a week!

For now though ...

Nite all.

No comments: