Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Seeing In The New Year

I'll probably be seeing the new year in behind closed eyelids!

Adoring Husband is still awake, which is very surprising considering that he has been working hard in the shed on a very hot day, making a useable workspace for himself. I expected that he would be unconscious by 7.30pm.

It is currently 10.30pm and we are watching "Singing in the Rain". It finishes at 11.30pm so we may be awake for the stroke of midnight .. though I doubt it lol.

I struggled to do anything constructive at my desk today. It was very hot (our air conditioner is still on the blink) so I found lots to do other than working on my website. I did contact my logo designer and approved her revision work on my logo.

Vegan Chickie recommended a documentary which I watched on Netflix today called "Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things." Very interesting. I am definitely not a minimalist .. you only have to look at my large pile of shoes to know that!

I repurposed an old New Years meme that I originally created in 2014 ...


... and posted it on Facebook.

Adoring Husband and I drove to the shops to get coffee this afternoon and the queue for ice creams was VERY long. Our town is filled with tourists at the moment and the caravan parks are full ... I'm guessing it's not too pleasant in those tents and camper vans!

I plan on starting the New Year on a high, with plenty of motivation to get things done!

My new year's resolution is to get more sleep. I plan on going to bed earlier and getting between 7-8 hours of sleep every night. It's probably the one bad habit that has caused me the most grief this year - 5-6 hours of sleep is not conducive to good health, so that's what I will focus on in 2017.

Having said that ... it's already after 11pm!! That's not a good start! So I'm off.

Happy New Year everybody!

Nite all.

No comments: