Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Never ending

I think I know what I'm doing.

It's usually when I'm feeling the most confident, that I discover I have no right to feel that way!

There has been a lot of meaningless chasing up today. iBooks and iTunes and ATO and Amazon and inmotion hosting and Apple and Wordpress. All tiny little things that seem to take an enormous amount of time.

Or perhaps it's just me being too careful, trying to understand stuff that I don't need to understand, following too many links, reading too much information. I'm certain that all this could be finished with just a flick of my fingers but I'm being too cautious.

I'm also easily distracted (as you know too well) and even though I'm working hard at it, my uncanny ability to procrastinate seems to rear it's ugly head when I least need it to.

Today was my deadline day, but alas it has passed without the fanfare that I'd hoped for.

It could be tomorrow, if I can just focus and get a smooth few hours. I know exactly what I need to do .. or so I think haha.

We were threatened with some nasty storms this afternoon. They made lots of noise and the light show was pretty spectacular, but not a drop of rain was to be seen or felt! The psychotic dogs were very stressed and demanded to be let onto the 'storm chair'.

At least I got some washing done today.

I haven't been out on my trike all week. I'm off to bed now, so that I can get an early start in the morning and go for a trike ride, sit by the water for a bit before getting my morning coffee, have a quick visit with The Motivator and be back home to get cracking at my desk.

So much to do, so little time!

Have a fabulous Friday!!

Nite all.



No comments: