Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

My Vision

Well! There is one more thing crossed off my 'to do' list for 2016.

Finally! I've completed my 2017 vision board - actually I have three more things that I want to add to it, but I don't have them at hand just yet - hopefully in the next couple of days, however, it is complete enough to remove from my desk and hang on the wall, where my eyes can view it, my brain can process it and I can both consciously and subconsciously begin to fulfil my visions for 2017.


This morning I received the first draft of my new logo from a very talented artist/graphic designer from the Canary Islands. She has done a terrific job and I love it! That should be finalised by the new year (maybe even Friday) and I'll share it here as soon as I receive it!

Coffee with the girls was fun this morning. The Blonde Bombshell brought her little granddaughter along and Tweedle Dee arrived a bit later because she had been at work.

We had some good laughs, especially at The Old Speckled Hen's expense. I wish that I could re-tell the story here, but it's not my story to tell. Just know that it was jaw dropping, gasp inducing and even brought on a squeal of horror!

I put my Apple Watch to good use today, by going for a long trike ride and spending four x ten minute stretches on the rebounder, which means that I completed over 100% of my required movement for the day. I walked for 2kms, triked for 5kms, rebounded for 40 mins and was on my feet often enough that the watch did not once tell me that it was time to stand up.

I doubt that I will put as much effort into tomorrow's activity requirements.

While I fed Adoring Husband beef casserole that I had in the freezer for dinner, I finished off the bag of lychees that the J half of The Inveterate Travellers offered me yesterday. OMG so sweet and juicy and delicious. A little bag of heaven right there.

We've had some crazy rain this afternoon, and according to a story on the NEWS tonight, we are likely to receive a few more downpours like that over the next few days.

That's fine with me, because I intend to spend the next 3 days in my workspace (while pleading with the workspace gods to not throw any interruptions my way) and I plan on making my way through my 'to do' list in the most regimented way possible.

I am absolutely determined to make some serious headway this week!

Here we are, not even 10pm and I am off to bed for an early night. If the psychotic dogs allow it, I will get a good night's sleep and be up bright an early to start a good day's work.

Nite all.


No comments: