Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 4, 2016

I Must Have Lied

I must have told a lie.

I've had a pimple on the end of my tongue for three days now. My mother used to tell me that if I told a lie, I would get a pimple on my tongue.

It hurts! It hurts to eat. It hurts to drink - especially coffee. It hurts to talk. It hurts to brush my teeth. It just plain hurts!

Tomorrow, I will wake up and it will have miraculously healed. Fingers crossed.

There was a meeting this morning at 10am for the 'Frack Free Burrum Heads' group.

I was supposed to attend.

Instead, I rode across town at 1.45pm and waited for everybody to arrive. At 2pm, I checked my emails on the phone, only to discover that the meeting was in the morning!

Such a doofus!

This afternoon the town held it's annual Christmas party in the grounds of the local hall.

I attended because one of our local ladies asked me to be there with my camera to take a photo of her with Santa, who just happens to be her neighbour.

There were more people there than usual. Definitely more kids than usual. Everybody was commenting that we don't have that many kids living in town, so I think we were catering for a lot of 'out of towners'.

Still, it was a very happy event. The kids were all having a ball. There were two giant inflatable slides, a jumping castle and a seat with a water bucket balanced above where you throw a wet sponge at a bullseye and if you hit, the bucket tips water over whoever is sitting in the seat. There were lots of kids lined up for that one.

Until Santa arrived.

That's when all kids dropped what they were doing and swarmed together in a huge moving wave towards the fire truck that he arrived in.

In a matter of ten minutes, all the kids had received their bag of lollies and a thank you handshake from Santa. Then it was time for all the adults to get their photos taken .. who knew there would be so many women choosing to sit on old Santa's knee to have their photo taken?

Thankfully, it wasn't me who had to take their photos! All I had to do was create the window of opportunity for Snow White to take her turn.

Having waited for over an hour to get this photo, I was disturbed by the fact that Snow White was totally distracted by everything that was going on around her and did not look at the camera. Even though I called out to her twice, to look at me!

I haven't had a chance to look at the photos and edit them yet, so you can expect a barrage of photos on tomorrow's post. Some from our lunch on Wednesday and some from today.

Instead, before I head to bed, I will share this!


Nite all.

No comments: