Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Hullo Russia!

I don't know why or how, but overnight, this blog received 600 views from Russia.

Russia was not interested in just one post, but shared the views over many of my posts.

So ... hullo Russia!!

It's been a Christmassy kind of day.

Firstly, I tidied one corner of my workspace so that I could fit my rebounder in the room. I spend so many hours sitting at my desk, I decided that I needed to break it up with some exercise. The last time I visited my doctor, he said that I needed to move more. So this is my way of doing just that.


Secondly, I turned on my salt lamp and diffused some 'Celebration' essential oil. I love the scent of celebration, especially the hint of spearmint and peppermint.


Next, I wrapped all the Christmas gifts that I'm sending in the mail. I used plain brown paper and wrote my Christmas messages on the paper, explaining why I chose these gifts.


My word for 2017 is "INSPIRE", so I chose gifts that I hope will inspire my friends and family to create a wonderful year for themselves. To follow through on everything that they began in 2016 and feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

We had two Christmas parties to attend this afternoon, but Adoring Husband did a bit more damage to his back this morning while rushing to clear the SES barbecue gear away as a storm hit, so one party commenced and continued in our absence, while the second party enjoyed my wondrous and joyful company for two hours.

The weather was overcast and quite windy, but at least the temperature had dropped which made it much more pleasant than the hot humid days we've been experiencing of late.

The guzzler


Windswept beauties


Half of the group


Adorning the table


Missy the wonder dog


The Quilting Queen


This was a street party for a street that we don't live on. Our house backs on to a house that sits on this street. That crazy lady in the last photo lives in that house.

It was a lovely group of people. It's a quiet street full of friendly welcoming faces and this is the third time that I've joined them for a festive occasion, but only the first for a Christmas street party.

I'm glad that I made an appearance. My contribution was the leftover lime and blueberry cheesecake from my party on Tuesday. It went down a treat.

I was home before 8pm and was able to dish up dinner to Adoring Husband. I've had a beef casserole in the slow cooker all afternoon, so it was an easy preparation tonight.

Before AH climbed into bed, I massaged some Do Terra Ice Blue Rub into his back. Hopefully, he will wake in a little less pain in the morning.

I still have the faintest hint of flutters, but very much improved from the last five days.

That was my Christmassy kind of day.

Nite all.


No comments: