Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Good Day at the Office

Today was a good day.

I still didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I'd probably say 80% of my 'to do' list was completed.

I've changed my website address slightly, asked my designer to change one small aspect of my logo, tweaked a couple of things on my site, updated some plugins, changed some passwords, had some discussions with my domain host, used my rebounder four times, made lunch, cooked dinner, done three loads of washing and brought Adoring Husband's washing in off the line and folded it, answered and deleted many, many emails and written out tomorrow's 'to do' list.

If the next two days can be as productive as today, which they SHOULD because I don't have to do any washing AND I feel like I'm on a roll, I'm certain that the site can be live by Monday. Who knows what new obstacle will fall in front of me between now and then?  Fingers crossed it's clear sailing from here!

I only completed about half of the health activities requested of me by the bossy watch today.

Such sad news about both George Michael and Carrie Fisher this week. We've lost so many talented well known names this year. I truly admired Carrie Fisher and I really hoped that she would pull through after they announced that she was in a stable condition in hospital. I almost feel like I've lost a friend and ally.

As we edge closer to the end of 2016 and look forward to a fresh new start in 2017, I thought I'd share the last Christmassy, festive meme before the season comes to an end.


... and on that note, at 11.30pm, it's bed time for me.

Nite all.  

No comments: