Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Compassion and Individuality

The first card that I drew from my affirmation box:

"Compassion"

When you show greater compassion towards yourself, the universe automatically responds by showering you with greater blessings.

The second card I drew was from my Oracle Cards:

"Individuality"

We may all look superficially the same at first glance, but we each carry a unique genetic blueprint. You need to combat your fear and insecurities and acknowledge your personal gifts and power. Engage fully in your journey and integrate the lessons that you've experienced along the way. Don't embark on the journey if you plan on following the same way as everybody else. Add your own flavour to it and make it yours. Stop pretending that you're happy being just one of the crowd and begin seeing yourself as worthy of being heard. You have something to offer. You can, and will make a difference because you hold within your heart sacred knowledge that no-one else has, and now is the time to remember it, unveil it and share it with the world.

Kind of weird and appropriate don't you think?

Before I drew these cards, I had spent a frantic hour at the Post Office trying to figure out the cheapest and fastest way to send parcels to four different people in four very different locations.

It's not that I was poorly organised.

I had ordered some extra goodies online about a month ago and was waiting for them to arrive so that I could add them to the gifts that I'd already bought. Two weeks ago, I received an email to say that they've been shipped, BUT they are sill in transit as we speak and I just couldn't wait any longer! I should have known better than to order anything from overseas.

So today was as far as I could stretch the wait and I sent everything by Express Post. Now I have all my body parts crossed, hoping that they arrive at their destinations before Christmas!

I really worked up a sweat at the PO, so I figured I deserved another coffee haha.  From there, I stopped at The Motivator's house to get the address of one of the ladies who attended the Le Reve party. I wished her a Happy Christmas with her family, gave her partner, The Fisher King, some advice about being happy while surrounded by noisy family and headed home.

I threw some lamb shanks in the slow cooker with lamb and chicken stock from the freezer. 

There was little time to spend at my desk before the air conditioning guy came to measure up for a quote for the new AC system. He was here for about 45 minutes, climbing in the roof to quote for the ducted AC and then measuring walls, both inside and out, to quote for split system ACs.

The insurance company called and will send somebody else out to quote. We will get a couple of other quotes too. Whatever happens, it will be, at the very earliest, the beginning of February before anything gets done. We are preparing for a long hot Summer. 

I filled out more of my workbook and completed my list of 100 things to do in 2017. It was much easier to fill out this year, than it was last year. I don't think I even came up with 100 things last year! I must have a look at that list and see how many of them I actually completed.

Ok, I just checked the list ... I only thought of 78 things to put on the list last year and I completed 46 of them. Funnily enough, I have already listed the things that I didn't do last year, on this year's list!

We were supposed to attend a Christmas party at Cheelii lagoon this afternoon. It was organised by the people who live in that section of town, but the rain came down twice in the hour that the party was supposed to start and we decided that we didn't want to contend with the rain AND the sandflies. We must be getting old.

Well, our Christmas lights have gone to bed, so that's my cue to do the same.

Nite all. 

No comments: