Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 25, 2016

A Very Movie Christmas

There are two ways that I enjoy spending Christmas.

The very best Christmases are spent with family, but unfortunately, they are very few and far between.

The next best Christmases are spent at home with Adoring Husband, doing absolutely nothing.

He kindly allowed me to sleep past stupid o'clock this morning. He brought my coffee to me and then brought all the gifts from under the tree, to the bed, so we sat up in bed tearing paper off presents and making animated sounds in appreciation of our haul!

My favourite gift was ten mini metal tongs and two large stainless steel tongs. I am forever losing tongs! They disappear from my kitchen utensil drawer and I blame Adoring Husband all the time, lecturing him incessantly and practising my best nagging techniques on him.

I shouldn't run out of tongs for a while.

I also received from Adoring Husband, "Bridget Jones' Baby" dvd, an Apple Watch and a charging station. Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour gave us money, with which we bought the complete original series of Batman and Robin (for me) and some Star Trek rubbish for AH.


I bought AH a garden blower and vacuum.

So we did very well for ourselves!

It took a while to set up my watch and sync all of my devices, then I had to complete an update on my MacBook Pro.

Finally, we made ourselves presentable and went visiting. A local man in town, whom we like to label "The Major" has been inviting us around for a Christmas drink ever since we moved here, and today, for the first time ever, we knocked on his door.

He was very surprised! We were invited in and he was trying to put together his Christmas present, but had reached the point that triggered the stress hormones, so Adoring Husband followed him into the work shed and helped him. It only took ten minutes and The Mayor was very grateful.

We spent about an hour chatting with him and his wife The Happy Holidayer, before returning home for lunch.

It was a huge spread of seafood and fruit ... messy, but delicious!



After lunch, we watched the Bridget Jones movie.

The remainder of the day has been spent on the phone having Christmas chats with Bubbles and with Number One Son, and watching Christmas movies and some Batman and Robin.

Dinner was leftover seafood and salad.

And now, the day is done. Another Christmas done and dusted.

It must be time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: