Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 17, 2016

A Day To Reset

I had big plans for today, until I was reminded of our Frack Free meeting which was to start at 9am.

As passionate as I feel about this cause, right now I have other important things on my mind, which are starving for my attention, so I felt a bit 'put out' having to attend this meeting.

Having done the hard work to get the signatures from the two outer sections of our town, I feel that my job is done, until we need to hit the remaining two sections.

What is being planned right now is outside my scope of interest, so I would like to withdraw until the next wave of surveys need to be completed.

All things considered, (like the time of the year being silly season) it was a good meeting with eleven of us in attendance, and plenty was achieved.

From there, I had a lovely morning with The Motivator. She gifted me some delicious natural body products and this beautiful timber box with a tree of life lid. It is now the new home of my many and varied bracelets.


She made me feel very spoilt and very special!

Adoring Husband spent the day selling Christmas Cakes door to door, raising money for the SES, but had a two hour break in the heat of the day, which he spent at home, eating lunch and watching the 'Twilight' movie with me, which was being aired on one of the Foxtel channels.

Not long after lunch, my Le Reve lady delivered all the goodies that were bought at my party last week, so tomorrow I'll be pedalling around town delivering them to their new owners.


This afternoon, I made a list of everything that I hope to achieve with my website this week leading up to Christmas. I plan on being very productive and at the end of the week will be awarding myself a gold star for 'solid achievement'.

Right now, the only achievement I have in mind, is getting a good night's sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: