Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 7, 2016

Upbeat and Positive

On Sunday, I had such a great day at my desk!

It had been long enough since I properly looked at my website, that I was able to see it with fresh eyes and so I changed a number of things to make it more user friendly.

I partly finished the shop/store and had an easy 'to do' list to get through for Monday. I dared to suggest in Sunday's blog post (which I forgot to publish - my apologies!) that I could have this completed by Monday evening? I was so close, I could taste it!

But I should know better than to get so excited! The next stage was a little more complex than I expected and halfway through it, I decided it was too difficult and chose to amend it and simplify it, which of course took quite a bit longer than I expected.

This is going to take a few more days .. and who knows what other obstacles I will come across in the meantime!

So for now .. just to keep my attitude positive and upbeat, I watched this fabulous TED talk that I know you will enjoy as much as I did!



To my local friends, make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the next Progress Association Newsletter, where you'll find this article (which you won't need to find now, because you're reading it here haha).


Time for me to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: