Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

She's Here!!

I had almost given up hope, and a strong wave of disappointment was just about to wash over me, when I heard the heavy rumble of the delivery truck outside my house.

The tracking information showed that my MacBook Pro was in Maryborough this morning, so I was counting on a delivery today!

In all of my delivery experiences, the truck has arrived pretty much spot on 12.05pm, but just to torture me, it was almost 12.30pm when he finally pulled up.

To make matters even more torturous, it arrived just at the end of my lunch preparations. So I had to finish the cooking process, eat my lunch, tidy up ... THEN Adoring Husband announced that he needed help to untangle some Christmas lights (seriously!).

It was my good fortune that it took all of 12 seconds to complete that job, so I made a hasty escape to my workspace with the new MacBook in my hot little hands!



She is so smooth and light and shiny new and slimline and fast and clever and different ... I have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me.

Within ten minutes, she was up and running and I spent the afternoon getting to know her.

I'm pleased to say that I finished my ebook before Ms Mac arrived ... at least I thought I had, until I realised that it might require a 'contents' page and a summary ... so I will do those tomorrow, and then figure out how to link it to my website.

The Motivator emailed me some links to a few wholesaler's sites, where I can source silver jewellery and various accessories, so I subscribed to those sites as well as to a big Gift Fair that happens in Sydney and Melbourne a couple of times a year.

So, my achievements for the day include, all but finishing my ebook, pinning my new 2017 calendar wall planner to the wall behind my desk, clearing 300 emails, subscribing to 4 wholesaler websites and the Gift Fair, printing out the itinerary for my return flights to Melbourne in March, cooking lunch and dinner, decluttering my desk and setting up Ms Mac.

I'm a bit excited about how much I can achieve  this week. I'm feeling very motivated and inspired!

It's almost midnight and I'm off to bed to listen to some guided meditation ... my brain is very hyped up tonight so I really need to focus on calming it down before sleep.

Have a great hump day.

Nite all.  

No comments: