Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Messy Stuff

After my morning coffee, I got about 90 minutes of work done on the website before we headed into town to visit Marco Polo in the hospital.


All things considered, he was in fine spirits and we spent an hour making fun of his situation, comparing injury stories and wondering why his attached machinery was sending off alarms that were not immediately answered!

We brought him some fresh fruit and a newspaper and Marco Polo was grateful that the golf was on TV to keep him occupied during his much longer than expected stay.

He's itching to get back to work, so I think hospital is the best place for him right now! Hopefully, he will have a speedy recovery so that he can be back in full swing sooner, rather than later. When you love the work that you do, it's difficult to find self control!

We said our goodbyes and did some necessary shopping before picking up our FROG box and heading home.

I had time to unpack the groceries, cook Adoring Husband's dinner before he headed off to SES training and I had another hour or so at my desk.

When I sign off here, I have to make up a batch of dog food, so my day is not quite over yet ... even though I wish it was!

It's already 10pm so I'd best get moving.

Nite all.

No comments: