Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Me and the Amazon

Not actually Amazon .. Amazonite!

I asked Adoring Husband to stop at Tinkerbells on The Esplanade this morning as we were driving past.

For some time now, I have been thinking about buying myself a ring with a turquoise stone or similar because I seem to be attracted to that colour (along with yellow) and have often selected that colour to wear.

Before I entered the shop, I glanced in the window and was immediately drawn to a ring on the rotating mirrored stand. I read the word Amazonite, so I entered the shop and asked the woman if I could try it on.

I also asked to see her range of turquoise rings.

As soon as I tried on the Amazonite ring, I loved it and knew that I wanted it. None of the other Amazonite rings appealed to me, so I turned my attention to the rings with Turquoise stones. There was only one on the tray that drew my eye and when I tried it on, I couldn't decided between the two rings that I loved, so I bought both!!

The one with the larger stone is the Amazonite.


It's quite amazing that I was drawn to this stone because for all the time that I spend in front of my computer screen lately, I discovered that:

Amazonite: At a physical level, it blocks geopathic stress, absorbs microwaves and cell phone emanations and protects against electromagnetic pollution. It calms the brain and the nervous system, alleviates worry and fear and dispels negative energy.

For healing, it benefits conditions like osteoporosis, calcium deficiency and tooth decay and rectifies metabolic deficiencies.

Turquoise: Enhances communication, releases inhibitions, dispels negative energy. It promotes self-realisation and assists creative problem solving. It dissolves self sabotage. It's an excellent stone to protect against panic attacks.

For healing, it is anti-inflammatory and detoxifying, enhances the psychic and physical immune system and supports the assimilation of nutrients. It heals the whole body, but especially the eyes and the stomach.

So I am very very happy with my purchases and I bought a couple of Christmas gifts today, as well as a beautiful 2017 calendar for myself. I also found a new board to create my next vision board. I have so much planned over the next few months, I think I have to make a priority list!

Anyway, it's only 6pm so I now have an evening free and may even have an early night to bed!

Nite all.
 

No comments: