Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Goodbye Monitor

While trying to avoid losing any wires or rolling on the digital monitor box, I had a dreadful night's sleep. I think I slept for about four hours, but it was very broken and I woke at least six times during the night, each time checking that everything was still in place.

Fortunately, my reward for having had to endure the stoopid monitor, was having coffee with the girls. There were a few ladies absent, due to other commitments, but the important ones (cough cough) were there!


From there, Adoring Husband and I drove into town so that I could have the monitor removed, and what a relief it was to be rid of it!

I had a package being delivered at lunch time, so we did a quick turn around and returned home straight away.

The first item on my agenda, was to make up a batch of dog food. Next was to boil up the kilo of green king prawns that we bought yesterday. Then I did a load of washing. I made some lunch for Adoring Husband. I open my parcels which were delivered while I was busy in the kitchen (how exciting!). Finally I retreated to my desk for a couple of hours of study/work.

At 3.30pm we gathered up one of the psychotic dogs - Ruby - donned her harness, collar and leash and drove to the beach for our afternoon walk. It was incredibly windy, which I'm certain frightened Ruby a little, and she power walked along the beach with her head down AND her tail down, so we don't think she enjoyed herself much.

She was happy to walk through the water puddles and I kept leading her to the deep ones where she would stumble because she wasn't expecting the depth. It made me laugh hysterically, but AH was horrified that I could trick her like that.

Karma got me, because I either stood on a bee or it was some kind of stinging sea creature, because for half of the walk, I was in quite a deal of pain. Luckily the pain had faded before we arrived home, so it obviously wasn't too serious.

Needless to say, both Ruby AND the car, required a good scrubbing by the time we reached our driveway!

I believe that I have a free day tomorrow, so I may get to actually do some serious work on my website!!

An early night and a plan for tomorrow. *happy dance*

Nite all.

No comments: