Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Friday Farewell

I had a good day at the desk where I channelled Vegan Chickie and became a little bit more organised with my business plan, gave my work journals labels and tags, sourced some products and emailed for quotes, listed some future blog post ideas, made a couple of orders and studied some more.

There is still so much to do!

We had a good crowd at the club for Friday night raffles. It's the last Friday night before their renovations begin and the last Friday night for Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver before they head off to the Sunny Coast.

These two lovely people are such important members of our group and have been a huge support to every one of us at different times. They've been involved in all of our shenanigans in the last eight years and we could always rely on them to party hard with the best of us.

Rebel Mardi's beaming smile will be deeply missed by everybody who knows her here, and our group will definitely be poorer with her absence.













So many memories! And these are just a few!

The Lifesaver's cheeky and dry sense of humour will now have to entertain a new set of unsuspecting faces. I feel that they should be warned ... but nah ... let them figure him out, as we did!

The warmth and love that this wonderful pair wrap around us all has made the last eight years a sheer delight and we are all so grateful to have felt their friendship on a very deep level. There will certainly be a grieving process for some of us as we deal with the huge gap that they will leave behind.

I wish that I was courageous enough to stand up in front of our friends to make a speech that conveys how we all feel about Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver, but alas, I would be overwhelmed by my emotions and probably wouldn't even finish the first sentence!

So I hope that as you read this post, you understand how terribly sad we all feel that you are leaving, but also how very pleased we are to see you embracing this next chapter of your lives, and knowing that you will be closer to your first love, that being family. Your happiness will always be motivation enough for us to accept you moving on.

Take with you, our love and warmest wishes for a beautiful, happy and fulfilling life, surrounded by a whole new set of lucky friends and your fabulous family. All good things for such good people.

Now ... get out of here!  And STAY OUT!!

Nite all.

No comments: