Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Do Not Disturb

What a weekend!

Saturday was an early start to get some housework and washing done and prepare dinner in advance, for Best Cousin in the World's overnight visit.

Adoring Husband and I were invited to The Blonde Bombshell's house for birthday drinks on Saturday afternoon, so I decided to bake her a birthday cake .. except my oven has decided to play silly buggers with me, so I had to improvise and found a delicious paleo, raw chocolate cake to make.



I've never used this recipe before and I made it non-paleo by adding chocolate whipped cream as one of the layers. I made extra so that there would be enough to create three small tarts for us to have for dessert with Best Cousin in the World.

There was lots of chocolate and lots of strawberries and blueberries and lots of nuts. I loved it and will make it again for AH and I to indulge ourselves.

AH, with his sore back, didn't accompany me to the Blonde Bombshell's house, but dropped me off for an hour. He picked me up with about 20 minutes to spare before BCIW arrived.

We began drinking wine almost as soon as she walked in the door. AH barbecued our steak for dinner while I made the dressing for the salad that I'd prepared earlier in the day and reheated the boiled jacket potatoes. It was an easy dinner and BCIW and I sat up until midnight catching up.

It took me about 20 minutes to stack the dishwasher and clean the kitchen before heading to bed where I fell into a coma for seven hours! I considered adding a short blog post before bed, but my bed won that argument .. well it wasn't much of an argument that close to 1am.

There wasn't much time with BCIW this morning. She left to pick up Marco Polo from the hospital and ten minutes later, The Motivator arrived to pick me up for the next leg of our survey work for the Frack Free Burrum Heads group.

The Blonde Bombshell issued an invitation for coffee and cake this morning, but unfortunately, I was committed to completing the survey.

The Motivator and I were both dreading it, after our poor results during the week and I came very close to phoning her to cancel, but I'm glad that I didn't! We were very well received today and all but two of the residents gave us their details and stated that they did not want gas fields in our community.

Of the two who turned us away, one man stated that if the good lord gave us coal and gas, then we should mine it and he was 'all for progress'. Another man who works in the mining industry didn't want to get involved.

It only took us 90 minutes to finish our work and we decided to reward ourselves with a coffee at the cafe and sat in the air conditioned eating area to debrief and share a gluten free pear and walnut muffin .. which was delicious!

I arrived home some time after 1pm. AH and I had been invited to a lunch time barbecue, so I phoned the joyful duo to let them know that we would not be attending. AH's back is still sore and I was well and truly done for the weekend.

This allowed me to spend almost four hours at my desk where I completed three more chapters of my ebook, researched some more wholesale sites and caught up on some emails.

Dinner was super easy tonight. Leftover Hainan chicken and I added the leftover chopped vegetables from the other night, so it took twenty minutes to prepare, then leftover raw chocolate cake for dessert.

I looked at the clock at 9.30pm and expected that I could be in bed by 10.30pm, however, it is now half past midnight and here I am still tapping away at my keyboard!

The four nations rugby league final between New Zealand and Australia is about to start and I'm considering sitting up to watch it. Perhaps I will watch it in bed .. see how long I last.

I am looking forward to having a week without commitments and finally making some progress on the website. Wish me luck!

Nite all.

 

No comments: