Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 3, 2016

You Little Beauty!

How amazing!

Sharks won their first ever premiership last night!

It was a nail biting finish and Adoring Husband and I were standing beside each other in the lounge room, just feet away from the TV screen, hands clasped tightly and arms linked, screaming at the Sharks to TACKLE!!! Willing the final 20 seconds to pass without incident!

SO NERVE WRACKING!!

When the siren finally sounded, Adoring Husband and I turned to face each other, threw our arms above us and screamed in celebration! We wrapped our arms around each other, jumped up and down on the spot, gasping for breath, with tears of pure joy and happiness flowing freely.

Then came the emotional phone calls with fellow Sharkie fans and family. AH could barely get the words out. He played the Sharks theme song and his friends sang it loud and proud as he answered his calls.

We watched the emotional scenes of celebration at the ground and then we watched the replay on Foxtel - much less stressful the second time round!

I'm so happy for AH. He has been a proud Sharks supporter his whole life - even when they gave him little to be proud of! He has worked at Shark park and attended many many games over the years.

I will always remember that feeling last night - seeing the joy on his face and expressing that raw emotion. His reward, at last, for being a loyal and dedicated fan.

I'm glad that he changed his plans (he was going to attend the game until a few weeks ago when he decided to cancel his flight and accommodation) and I got to share this moment with him at home.

What a moment!

What a feeling!

What a rush!

Up! Up! Cronulla!

I've spent the afternoon editing the final photos from Rebel Mardi's family shoot. I thought I might share a couple more here ...








The Rebel Mardi family have been very understanding and very patient, waiting almost 2 months for their photos! Thank you my lovelies xo

Tomorrow, I only have one very small task to complete and then I get to embark on my new venture! I'm excited!

Nite all.

No comments: