Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

What Did I Do?

We all know how dangerous it is for me to step foot inside 'Office Works'.

All I wanted was a small set of coloured calligraphy pens. Instead I bought one black calligraphy pen (because they didn't have any coloured ones), two packets of coloured felt tipped sketching pens, two sketch pads of differing paper types, an A5 sized 2017 diary, a small purse sized 2017 diary and a large packet of AA sized batteries.

I'm not even going to tell you the cost of that little bundle, but it was quite shocking!

We'd already spent a small fortune at the Go Natural store.

After that we spent another small fortune at Coles in Stocklands.

We were home by midday.

I unpacked the groceries.

I chopped up a whole pumpkin and put it in the pot to cook, so that it will be ready to make the dog food tomorrow.

I put two of the six organic chicken carcasses in the slow cooker with carrot, onion, celery, garlic and ACV to do a batch of chicken bone broth.

I hung out a load of washing and put another in the machine.

I thawed out a big container of beef curry sauce (from the last time I made curry) and then chopped up and added two big grass fed steaks to the sauce and slow cooked it on the stove for dinner.

I unpacked my Office Works goodies and sat at my desk doodling and attempting to create a logo design. So far, not successful.

I added some more to my 'Welcome' blog post.

I watched a few episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' with Adoring Husband (he'd bought the latest series on DVD today).

I hung out the second load of washing.

I made some cauliflower fried rice to go with the beef curry.

We ate dinner and AH cleaned the kitchen.

I watched X-Factor and the movie 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'.

It's now rapidly approaching midnight, so I feel the need to sleep.

Coffee morning with the girls tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: