Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Under Productive

There wasn't much productivity in my day, that's for sure!

I was awake unusually early for me - 5.30am! I stayed in bed until 7am and then enjoyed a leisurely shower, washed and blow dried my hair before visiting the boys at the Seat of Knowledge.

The Motivator had to put up with me for three hours and I brought a lot of sand crabs home, which I shelled while Adoring Husband's butter chicken was cooking.

My desk enjoyed my company for about two hours, during which time, I changed a couple of things on my website and then my brain felt like it was going to explode, so I conceded defeat and joined AH in the lounge room until he had to leave for SES training.

After he left, I spent some time in the kitchen preparing a birthday surprise for him.

As you read this, he is celebrating number 59 on the Richter scale. Happy birthday darling.








Today is your day so plan it well ... make it a good one!!

Nite all.

No comments: