Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Today is the Day!

Today, I made a decision.

It's a new beginning.

You will be the first to know when I'm ready to share more information, but I've spent three weeks researching, brain storming, soul searching and finally, actually making the decision. This is what I wrote earlier today ...

I sit here at my desk eating my home-made liver pate with some disgusting GF crackers (that were left over from a recent dinner party) looking at the email that contains the link that will transport me to my exciting and creative, yet unknown future.

At the same time, I'm looking down at the 'to do' list on my desk which I made last night, that contains eight items.

Dilemma.

I know that if I click on that link, the eight items on my 'to do' list will be buzzing around my head like annoying flies and that will be detrimental to my focus on the new venture.

IF I don't click on that link right now, does that mean that I am procrastinating? Does it mean that my doubts and fears are already sabotaging my exciting new plans?

Alternatively, if I complete the 'to do' list, it will give me a fresh, clear head to focus completely on the job at hand AND it will be good practise for my future 'to do' lists, which I expect will be numerous!

...

So I decided to complete my 'to do' list.

But in the middle of all of that, I received an email which led me to a live stream seminar regarding my new venture. Ugh! The seminar lasted for three hours! Ugh!

It was very interesting and I learned a lot.

Upon it's completion, I returned immediately to my 'to do' list and eventually ticked off six of the eight items. This means that I only have two items remaining and I'm certain that I can knock them off before lunch tomorrow.

After that, the fun begins!

Two years ago, Adoring Husband planted the top of pineapple in a pot. We knew that a pineapple takes between 18 months and 2 years to bear fruit and for this guy, the two years was just about up. I had given up all hope and was preparing to throw the plant away, when suddenly, out of nowhere and without warning, this appeared!!


I'm not sure how long it will be until it's ready to pick and eat, but I'm so excited!!

At the end of our lady's lunch on Wednesday, I took this photo of The Designer and her close friend Organika ...


They are both lovely ladies. Quite beautiful inside and out. Organika is new to the group and expects to be attending more of our luncheons in the future.

It's time for me to sleep. I have a big day planned for tomorrow AND the NRL Grand Final is being played tomorrow evening. GO SHARKIES!! I need to find my very old, very large Sharks shirt to wear for the occasion.

Nite all.


No comments: