Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Girls

Ours was an extended coffee date this morning.

There were nine of us in attendance, which meant LOTS of people talking at once, which meant plenty of noise and also meant it was difficult to focus on single conversations! But we had lots of fun and plenty of laughs. Beauty handed out lovely holiday gifts to us all and it was almost 11am by the time the last of us said our goodbyes.

A visit to the butcher and a stop to pick up some egg cartons before heading home to make an early lunch for Adoring Husband.

I fried up some onion, garlic, shredded cabbage and fresh asparagus, then added some chicken broth, mashed pumpkin and some leftover beef curry sauce. I cooked up some beef sausages and then added them to the mix.

It was quite delicious and AH enjoyed it.

The chicken bone broth was ready, so I filled the storage containers and loaded them into the freezer and then I had some more time in my workspace to work on the website.

This did not last very long. I think I need to lock my door and banish all psychotic dogs and Adoring Husbands from the website creation area! I CURSE my easily distracted brain and it's poor ability to focus for extended periods!

Here are some of my purchases from Office Works on Tuesday ...





I confess that I am feeling overwhelmed with my 'to do' list for getting the website up and running. I keep finding more elements that I need to take into consideration and extra components to improve the effectiveness of the site.

If only I had more tortoise-like attributes and less of the hare's - this challenge would seem less intimidating!

I just need to breathe.

There is no rush.

I've set a date of 1st December - THAT is the date that I hope to be finished.

There! I've said it! Now I have to be accountable!

Nite all.  

No comments: