Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Progress at Last!

I feel that I have moved ahead in leaps and bounds today!

A wonderful young man from Melbourne created a step by step video, which he shared on Youtube, teaching the clueless (that's me) how to create and build a website.

I play some of the video, pause it, follow the instructions, play some more of the video, pause it again, follow the instructions etc etc etc. It has taken me three hours to get through one hour of the video, but I have achieved so much in that three hours!

He provides four websites that give you access to free stock photos. He provides a website that gives you computer codes for every shade of every colour and it allows you to try different colours together to see how they work. He also provides a website that tells you the psychology behind each colour, so that you can choose appropriately - whether you have a business site, a food site, a health site etc etc.

So I achieved more in three hours today, than I achieved in the last seven days!

I will go to sleep tonight feeling both satisfied and eager to wake early tomorrow and get started on the next stage of the process.

Yes, I banished Adoring Husband and the psychotic dogs from my workspace, so AH decided the next best thing would be to remove an old hose reel and replace it with a new one on the outer wall of my room.

The other distraction for the morning was the water pressure in our sprinkler changing so suddenly and with such force, that the water sprayed through my window, drenching the side board, along with my scarf curtains, two framed pictures and my timber box of essential oils. Oh and my yellow dream catcher. It just missed my salt lamp.


Luckily I was in the room and closed the window fairly quickly. I hate to imagine the disaster that would have been, if I was in another part of the house when it happened!

It has been a beautiful day, but it seems the weather is changing and there is some nasty stuff coming up from the south. This is a good thing because the delicious strong breeze is wafting through the bedroom window.

For a change, it is just after 11pm and I am off to bed!

Nite all.  

No comments: