Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Over Active Brain

I think I over-used my brain on Tuesday.

It took forever for the thoughts in my head to wind down and it was after 2am when I finally fell asleep. I slept restlessly and I was wide awake at 7.15am. It didn't feel like enough sleep.

Luckily, my first commitment for the day was to meet the girls for morning coffee. They always forgive me when my brain doesn't function at full speed. Thanks girls.

Mrs Bucket is in town. It's been 9 months since she was last here, so she is catching up with all her old mates, including us this morning.

There was kind of a tag team operation going on. We started with two, which increased to three when I arrived, then a fourth turned up, then one had to go, then another turned up, one more left, then two more arrived.

It was 11am by the time I returned home.

I had taken a whole duck out of the freezer for dinner and I've never cooked a duck before. Pinterest is my site of choice to find all manner of recipes, so I found my iPad and began my search. I quickly found the perfect recipe.

Who knew, that it takes four hours to cook a whole duck????

There is piercing and scoring and salting and turning and basting involved.

I was very happy with the outcome. Crispy skin and tender meat and a bowl full of duck fat to use in my future cooking.

While the duck was cooking in the oven, I watched the final of the seven episodes of healing autoimmune disease, which was fantastic. I began a short online course which I hope to complete tomorrow.

I remembered that I had committed to a trivia night with Tweedle Dee and The Blonde Bombshell, so it was time to prepare Adoring Husband's dinner and get myself ready for the evening.

AH and I picked up The Blonde Bombshell from her home and he dropped us at the club just after 6.30pm. I knew quite a few people there, which surprised me, so I got to chat with a couple of old friends whom I haven't seen for quite a while.

The trivia started a little late and our team 'The Fab Five' began with a flourish! We were in the lead for every round until the final one when we were pipped a the post! Bugger.

It was a good night. We had some good belly laughs, even without alcohol, and we all contributed in a positive way to the answers. We were home by 9pm.

Unfortunately, due to some major renovations about to commence at the Bowls Club, trivia nights have been suspended for five months, so it will be March before we have the chance to play again.

It's now well after midnight .. I've been catching up on the TV shows that AH recorded for me tonight. You'd think, after only five hours sleep last night, that I'd have been ready for bed well before now!

Really gotta get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: