Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

New Routine

Today was the first day of my new routine.

Well, it's not actually new. It was my old routine that I've let slip over the past year or so, but I've decided that I need to get back into it.

Getting out of bed earlier. Riding my trike in the sunshine. Fetching my own coffee. Starting the day with lemon water and broth. Putting some small semblance of structure into my days and getting more hours of 'stuff' into my day.

Every so often, I will still remain in bed until lunch time ... because I can.

This morning, I got my coffee, dropped the repaired and printed photos to a customer and then visited The Blonde Bombshell before coming home and preparing a big pot of curried beef which Adoring Husband and I had for lunch.

I spent a few hours in my workspace being creative and learning and writing and planning, which was incredibly satisfying and uplifting.

This afternoon was our monthly barbecue near the water. It was our final gathering at Traviston Park because the Lion's Park barbecue area will be reopened this month and so we will return to our old stomping ground.

Even though we were almost carried away by swarms of extra, extra, large scotch grey mosquitoes, it was a very pleasant evening and it was nice to catch up with good friends. Adoring Husband got to boast about his winning football team and everyone got to congratulate him. I think he loved that part the best.

I didn't drink any alcohol tonight and instead, took some ginger kombucha to drink out of my wine glass. I also didn't feel like eating after my big curried beef lunch, so the only food we took was the leftovers of said curry for AH to enjoy.

That's the long and short of my day.

It's almost midnight, and you know what that means.

But before I go, I wanted to share a few fond memories ...

1927 - If I Could

The Beach Boys - Kokomo

Jimmy Soul - If you Want to be Happy

Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton - You Don't Own Me

My Best Friend's Wedding - I Say a Little Prayer

Nite all.

No comments: