Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hump of a Day

Today's coffee with the girls was a little more emotional than usual.

We all have concerns for each other as we deal with medical, mental health, marriage, 'in limbo' and family issues. Clearly, we are all dealing with our issues as admirably as possible, but sometimes we let our walls down and share our fears and insecurities.

Today was one of those days.

We even had a 'non-regular' sit with us and share some news that had us all picking our jaws up from the floor.

Needless to say, it was quite late by the time I made my way home, although I did stop off at Beauty's house on the way, to raid her beautiful garden of so much lush healthful greenery, a good portion of which Adoring Husband and I enjoyed for lunch.

By the time I'd finished preparing and eating lunch, I was keen to withdraw to my workspace and get started on the website building again, but my brain just couldn't find the right track to take. Eventually, I glanced at my Himalayan salt lamp, which always provides a positive change in the room when I turn it on.

Twenty minutes later, I was on the right track and my afternoon was filled double checking all the steps in the build so far. It was a good move, because there were a couple of steps that I hadn't quite completed properly and I know exactly where I need to start tomorrow when I sit at the desk.

I should also mention that Adoring Husband has been fairly busy in the house today, doing a touch of cleaning here and there, including the bedding ... and you know what that means? Yessssss! We all agree that there is nothing nicer than sliding between clean crisp fresh bedding at bedtime!


So much so, that it's 10.30pm and I'm heading there right now!

I have a morning of visits planned for tomorrow, and I want an early start, so seeeeeeeya!

Nite all.

  

No comments: