Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Being an Activist

This morning I attended a meeting in our local hall about fracking.



There is a company called blueenergy.com.au that is currently exploring our region on behalf of shale gas fracking companies who want to mine in our area. By 'our area' I mean from Tiaro to Bundaberg and including Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Burrum Heads, Childers and many more small communties.



With the assistance of Lock The Gate Alliance, we can unite as a community, and like many other small communities throughout Australia, keep these huge international companies from destroying our environment, waterways, health, other industries like tourism and agriculture in the region, our property values and our air.

Living in the suburbs does not make us immune or safe because even suburbs in Sydney have coal seam gas wells currently in operation and fracking and drilling  occurs regularly.

Mining companies can, without your permission, enter your property to drill for gas - unless your gate displays a 'Lock The Gate' sign.

I will find out more about our local situation at the next meeting which is being held in the coming weeks, for people who want to get involved.

Adoring Husband did not accompany me to this meeting because he had SES commitments at the local Lions Park for the town's official opening of that horrible boat ramp that I told you about last week.


I'm not sure that he would have accompanied me even if he had been free to do so, but I like to think he would have supported me.

I attended another of Mrs Bucket's gatherings this afternoon but had to leave early because I wasn't feeling too well, experiencing flutters in my throat and above my chest and feeling a little breathless. It seems to have eased considerably, after I had a short nap this afternoon, but it's still there and I'm hoping that after a good night's sleep, it will disappear by morning.

It's already after midnight, so I should get to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: