Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Bed Sitting

Not really.

I'm actually sitting up in bed writing this blog tonight.

I brought my laptop into the bedroom and placed it on the bed while I tidied things up in the lounge room, but as I walked out of the bedroom I heard a crash and turned to see the laptop on the floor! Heaven knows how that happened!

I picked it up and the screen was black. I touched a few keys and the touch pad, but nothing happened. The light was still on where the cord was attached, but that was it.

I did what we always do when something is not working - I turned it off and then back on.

That was a relief! Except for that blue screen that first appeared and reminded me of the blue screen of death on the old PCs!

Obviously, my laptop is still working.

I spent most of today learning more about setting up websites and began writing my welcome page. I'm still a long way off completing the site and I'm glad that tomorrow I will have a day in The Bay away from my desk. I need some space to clear my head and will press the 'reset' button for my brain on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, I have to create a logo! I have to find that little seed of creativity that has been lurking beneath the surface and come up with something that represents the wonder that is me! I have the beginning of an idea, but I'm not sure where to take it yet.

I also have to build an image library specifically for the website.

Even though my brain hurts from the intensive learning process, I really am enjoying this little challenge and I can't wait until it's done so that I can share it with you all! Don't hold your breath though! I'm taking my time and I'm doing it properly, but once I'm finished, you will be the first to know!





Oops! It's just about to hit midnight! I'm off!

Nite all.

No comments: