Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Across the Water

We had a great day!

The weather was glorious as we travelled across the water on the Burrum River Quest to Woodgate Beach. The tide was too low for the boat to drop us at the boat ramp, so we were dropped at the beach  and had to hike quite a way to reach the bus that would take us to the Woodgate Pub.

It took quite a few boat trips and bus rides to get us all there, but it was definitely worth it. Even though the pub is looking a bit tired and in need of a facelift, the staff were very friendly and the food was great. There were lots of gluten free options and the pub had a nice atmosphere.

I was lucky enough to make it for the first boat ride and the first bus, and returned on the last bus and last boat trip.

My only complaint was my fluttering that hardly let up all day and got worse when I returned home, so I have been in bed since 5pm and am typing this in bed, on my iPad. It seems to have settled now (at 11pm), so I'm going to get some sleep and tomorrow I'll decide whether to see a doctor.

I'm looking forward to spending the day at my desk, so I hope my body behaves itself.

Nite all.

No comments: