Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Winning Grinning and Tearing Up

I can't believe how emotional I felt when the Cronulla Sharks won their final last night, to secure a place in the Grand Final next week. I wished that I could've been at home jumping up and down and hugging and whistling and singing and celebrating with Adoring Husband!

What a great game it was. Stressful, but exciting!

Chicklet and I have had a super superhero kind of day. I was Batman. She was Batgirl. We set up a camp fire situation for all of her superhero lego figurines to sit in a big circle around the fire. We used a big craft book to act as a giant tent for them all to sleep in. We sang many Nursery Rhymes, changing the words to incorporate the superheroes.

I introduced Chicklet to The Flintstones, which she loved, because of all the dinosaurs ... however, it was difficult to convince her that Bedrock is a fictional place and that she can't actually go there. After the Flintstones movie, we watched the Lego Justice League movie, which, at the end, she declared was FANTASTIC!! She decided to change her superhero character from Batgirl to Martian Manhunter.

I swear that there are more superheroes than you could ever imagine and I have never heard of one third of them!

There was no Minecrafting today. We spent about twenty minutes each playing Plants v Zombies and Minions. The neighbourhood kids came knocking on the door at around 4pm, so Chicklet spent about half an hour outside with them, before they all skated down the hill and left her behind. It was ok though, because we had paused the Flintstones movie, so she was happy to continue watching that instead.

Lunch was an alien greeting the rocket ship that just landed on the moon ...


Only two more sleeps til Mama arrives home. Chicklet is excited that Mama will be home, but also sad because I will be leaving.

We have had a great time together. Mama will have 23 manilla envelopes to open, which are full of our colouring in, sticker art, drawings and letters. I don't know if Chicklet will remember these times in the years to come, but I will treasure these memories forever. She has been an absolute delight and her vibrant smile and twinkling happy eyes have melted my heart every single day.

Tonight, just before she drifted off, she pulled my hand to her mouth and kissed the back of it. *sigh*

My little sweetie possum.

Nite all.  

No comments: